- Thoms, G., Adger, D., Heycock, C. and Smith, J. (2019) Syntactic variation and auxiliary contraction: the surprising case of Scots. Language 95:3
Selected conference presentations
- Introducing the Scots Syntax Atlas. Workshop on Accessing English dialect syntax. LSA Annual Meeting, New Orleans, 2020
- Explaining microvariation using the Tolerance Principle. GLOW 43, Berlin/online. 2020
- When intuitions (don’t) fail: Combining syntax and sociolinguistics in the analysis of Scots. BICLCE, Bamberg. 2019
- The curious development of have-raising. GLOW 41, Budapest. 2018
- Cliticization or affixation: English contracted negation revisited. LSA Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City. 2018
- Shades of Negative Concord in Scots Dialects. LAGB, University of Kent. 2017.